Saturday, May 13, 2006

"I gotta have more cowbell"

If there is one music that I have been obsessed with over the last couple of years (other than Paris Hilton's upcoming dance record) it would be music that features a cowbell. I can't explain why, but when I hear a song with a cowbell, I feel like I may have actually been able to be a drummer. I mean, come on, who can't play a cowbell? Who can't keep time with a cowbell?

Saturday Night Live once did a skit with Christopher Walken playing Bruce Dickinson during the recording of Blue Oyster Cult's Don't Fear The Reaper. Most of it is basic SNL humour with repetitive jokes and some overracting (this time by Will Farrell) but Walken is what makes the skit hilarious. When Walken says, "I got a FEVER...and the only PERSCRIPTION...is more COWBELL", I dare you not too laugh. The video is halfway down this page.

Top 5 obvious cowbell songs.
1. Mississippi Queen...Mountain
2. All Right Now...Free
3. Down On The Corner...Creedence Clearwater Revival
4. Can't Get Enough Of Your Love...Barry White
5. Honky Tonk Women...The Rolling Stones

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good call on the cowbell top 5. If it was cheesy top 5, I would have "can't get enough of your love" by Barry White.

11:33 PM  
Blogger theweescunner said...

Uh hello??? Where is "stuck in the middle with you" that has a cowbell in it.

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home