Friday, September 08, 2006

Some cool lists to take you through to the weekend

Music-wise, the top 200 songs of the 1960s. The choices aren't blatently obvious Beatles and Rolling Stones picks. There are plenty of obscure rock tunes, some country (Patsy Cline, Johnny Cash) and some jazz (Charles Mingus!). Shockingly, my favourite song in the world, Try A Little Tenderness by Otis Redding is not on the list.








Top 5 Otis Redding songs
1. Try A Little Tenderness
2. Love Man (despite being used in Dirty Dancing)
3. I Can't Turn You Loose
4. (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
5. Look At That Girl

Movie-wise, the top 50 High School Movies from Entertainment Weekly. Nice list as underrated films such as Can't Hardly Wait and Donnie Darko are there along with obvious ones like Ferris Bueller's Day Off and Sixteen Candles. Though I think the film Dazed And Confused was rated a little too high. And, after seeing Napoleon Dynamite on the weekend, I can't understand how it could be on this list at all. They are definately correct with their #1 pick though.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger theweescunner said...

I actaully liked Napoleon dynamite. I thought it was hilarious and one of the most truthful portrayals of high school in the late 70's or 80's from the perspective of the smart, geeks. It was very funny.

10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home